Updated Public Advisory
In view of the rise in the cases of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) in Stockholm, all the appointments booked for Consular services (Passport/OCI/Renunciation/Attestation/PCC) stand cancelled with immediate effect, until further notice. The applicants are advised to send their applications only through post. Please be informed that it might lead to a significant delay in processing of cases.
Embassy of India, Sweden & Latvia has set up emergency numbers to address people’s queries on Consular Services in view of COVID-19 situation. The numbers are +46 76 756 60 84 and +46 76 972 28 40 . The numbers will be functional from 0900 hrs. to 1730 hrs. from Monday-Friday.
Extension of Short-term Visa in Sweden :
It is informed to all the Indian Passport Holders getting their Tourist/Visitors Visa expired on or before 15/04/2020 to send their Visa extension application to Migrationsverket by post (or by booking an appointment with them) before the date of expiry of Visa. The application can also be dropped off in their mailbox at the reception of Sundbyberg Unit .
An appointment must be booked for visiting them, through their website. If it is hard to get the appointment, the best way is to initiate the process through post, before the date of expiry of Visa .
Please note that one must mention a clear reason that since India has prohibited all the flights, it is not possible to travel to India.
- Link to fill up the application with Migrationsverket:https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Visiting-Sweden/Extend-a-visit.html OR
- Latest travel advisory from Bureau of Immigration, MHA India:https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19-0
- Information on Visa extension from Migrationsverket in view of Novel Corona Virus: (Please read the Questions & Answers)https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/About-the-Migration-Agency/Coronavirus.html
- Indian Nationals wanting to return to India may register with the Embassy on this link: https://www.indembassysweden.gov.in/covid_register/
- Address to post the application for Visa extension:
171 27 Solna
- Address to drop-off the application in their mailbox:
For any General enquires, please call 0868432100
Enquiries related to Consular matters (i.e. Passports, OCI Cards or Attestation / Miscellaneous services), or Visas, please call 0868432100 during working days between 1330-1530 hrs.
Click here for all contact details.
Source : Indian Embassy, Sweden
1 post – 1 participant