Regional Centres of University and Academic Services (CROUS)
Starting 12 May 2020, eligible international students can request exceptional assistance, as per an announcement by the French Prime Minister. Amongst other categories, this aid, of a fixed amount of 200 euros concerns students who have –
- Been impacted by a drop in income due to the loss of a job or
- have lost a paid internship due to the crisis,
This aid would be paid in one go by CROUS and can be combined with existing emergency aid. It is accessible to students of all nationalities registered in France in a higher education program or BTS course (excluding apprenticeship programs) and applies to both scholarship or non-scholarship holders.
How can you access this aid?
Requests must be made online on messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr
The student must opt for one of the scenarios below –
1. Aid for loss of job:
Students who have lost their job must meet the following conditions:
- Have been actively working, at least 8 hours per week, for at least two months since January 1, 2020.
- The last contract should have been interrupted before its initial target date and at the very latest on June 1, 2020.
2. Aid for loss of internship:
Students unable to complete the entire or part of an internship must meet the following conditions:
- The paid internship was initially compulsory before the implementation of measures to combat the COVID-19 epidemic;
- The internship should have been at least for two months and be eligible for remuneration;
- The internship agreement should have foreseen the start of activity no later than June 1, 2020;
- If the internship had begun but, was interrupted before its initial due date, between March 17 and June 1, 2020.
III. Emergency aid by CROUS since the containment measures.
This aid strengthens support measures for students since the start of the student crisis. The network of higher education establishments in France has provided more than 7 million euros of aid, which have already been paid to the students by the CROUS network and more than 65,000 interviews with the CROUS social services have been conducted since mid-March. Students of all nationalities are eligible to benefit from this aid.
For more information log on to https://www.etudiant.gouv.fr/pid33626-cid151621/covid-19-|-aide-exceptionnelle-pour-les-etudiants.html
DISCLAIMER – The documents to be provided are intended to justify paid employment for the minimum number of hours mentioned above, the loss of employment, as well as the fact that the student does not otherwise benefit from other government assistance. (partial unemployment or assistance to self-employed entrepreneurs).
Disclaimer: The information in this thread is reproduced “as is” without warranty of any kind.
2 posts – 1 participant